Mar 7, 2011

Spinach and Pumpkin Soup

It was snowing in Tokyo this morning! What's wrong, it's already March, you know...
But at least now I have a good excuse to stay home and cook instead of going to the gym.

Went in to a supermarket on my way back from work without knowing what I will cook for myself tonight.

Very good looking spinach jumped into my eyes first.
Then imported Pumpkin were cheap today.
don't know why I bought chicken though, guess I was too hungry.

Ingredients;

Spinach,
Pumpkin,
Onions,
Milk,
Soy Milk,
Butter,
Flour,
Vegetable Stock,
Salt
Parmesan Cheese


Boil Spinach and make them to Puree, cook chopped onions with butter and make Pumpkin puree also.
Make White Sauce in your pot then add Soy Milk, then add both puree and vegetable stock.
Boil it for 4- 5 minutes, and while you are doing that you should cook your crouton for the meantime.


Garnish your Soup with Parmesan cheese, your crouton and dash of olive oil.
Then your Spinach and Pumpkin Soup is ready to keep you warm for the night.

I definitely should have used more Pumpkin though, but it was still very good, specially for the recipe I just came up with today.

Happy Eats!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment