Mar 21, 2011

Japanese Style Salisbury Steak

Took a week off from work last week to give a little rest to myself after having to experience constant big and small earthquakes and fear of the radiation activity. Most of my Japanese friends remained in Tokyo while I was being a chicken in my hometown and just spending most of my time in my mother's kitchen.

It was so calm and relaxing, even wished that I never had to go back to work especially when you will have to give a little apology speech in front of everyone for taking a week off for "nothing".

Speaking of "nothing", I used to hate the fact that Japanese companies consider this little escaping as "nothing" while some of foreign companies that I know in Tokyo even shut down for week or so.
However, I have come to wonder what would be like if all Japanese companies did that?
What do I love about this place? -This city never sleeps! This is thanks to all those people who have remained and kept working despite of the fear they have.

So I have decided to stop complaining about my situation and start working again like everyone else although it might not do anything directly to rebuild this whole country.

I also thought that I should do a little something to show my respect to my friends who didn't leave Tokyo and kept working through.

What can I do? of course, to cook.

I have invited 6 of my lovely friends over to my house and cooked Japanese Salisbury Steak which was the first proper dish to cook when I hadn't ever tried anything by myself in my life. I am not a vegetarian nor vegan but I was never a big fan of meet dish such as a piece of steak or Korean BBQ since when I was small but somehow I always loved this dish.
It could also be the dish that I have cooked the most so far. It takes a long time and a lot of work though, more you focus and more love you put into, tastier it becomes. (hmm, just like every other dish anyway.)


Pork Mince (30%) and Beef Mince (70%),
Cooked Onions (til its colour become brown) and cooked Carrots,
Egg,
Crushed Garlic,
Bread crumb (soaked in milk),
Flour,
Nutmeg,
Salt and Pepper.






The Sauce:
Cooked Onion, Carrots, Celery, Apple with Butter,
Red Wine,
Water,
Milk,
Tomato Puree and Tomato Juice



Steamed and Oven Grilled Potatoes.

Steamed Carrots and Broccolis


x

No comments:

Post a Comment