Jun 29, 2011

Chicken Chicken Chicken

Our friends of mine got us 2 kilos of chicken thigh. Apparently her friend works for a Yakitori restaurant and she gets so much of them for free. It's always great to have friends like that (hair dresser, nailist or doctor...).

Anyway, I was quite tired from not having enough sleep as my best friend got me a nice bottle of Beaujoulais (will upload about this wine later.) last night for me handing in my resignation to my boss yesterday (yay!) and we stayed up till 4. So, I didn't feel like cooking anything too complicated for my dinner.

Easy, not technical and something you can leave it on hear for a while... and with chicken.



- Chicken Thigh cooked with White Wine.

Throw a clove of Garlic and finely chopped chili into olive oil on small heat and leave them till the oil starts having the beautiful garlicky smell.
Take out only the garlic and throw roughly chopped onions. After pan fry the onions for 3 mins, add chopped chicken thigh (skins underneath first) then pour generous amount of white wine and place randomly chopped cabbage, tomatoes and mushrooms on the chicken.
Put the lid and let it simmer for 5 mins .
Take out the scum and add dried herb (Thyme, Oregano, Rosemary, whatever you like), a cube of vegetable stock and salt, then put the lid back again and leave it for 15 to 20 mins on low heat.



Carrot Salad:

Carrot,
Dried Raisin,
Spring Onion,
Ginger Juice,
Honey,
White Pepper, 
Salt.

I used Spring Onions (only the green part) as I didn't have Parsley but it worked out very well!




Let's have a glass of white with it, shall we? 
(I thought of this wine: Pieropan Soave Classico)











No comments:

Post a Comment