Feb 2, 2011

Dish Cafe @ Yoyogi-Uehara.

Let me introduce you one of my favourite cafes in my neighbourhood.

The place is called "Dish Cafe". It is located in front of Yoyogi-Uehara station (south exit). This place is in the second floor which is above aYakitori restaurant and it is not the kind of place where you just walk in without knowing it.

The biggest reason why I love this place is they keep serving meals even after "lunch time" is finished and their food is good. I always struggle finding a place with good food when I wake up late on my day offs, as there are tons of restaurants/cafes around but they always stop serving meals or close down between 3ish to 5 or 6pm. Well, not to mention that it is my problem and I should wake up at  lot earlier though, you know it's not so easy after a couple (or more?) drinks on the night before ;)

They have a little terrace as well although it does not have such a pleasant view since it is right in front of the station and the noise is quite loud, but I still kind of like it.
Inside, they have some couch seats which look very comfortable and great for some desserts and coffees as well as table seats that are more appropriate to eat meals on.

This cafe usually serves lunch plate that has salad, main, pasta and some bread for 1,100 yen.
You can chose main and pasta from 2 kinds each which may become one depending on their stock. I really think it is very reasonable for what you get.



Lunch Set with Pan Fried cod and Tomato Sauce Spaghetti with Shrimp and Asparagus.  

They keep serving this lunch set until they run out of their stock, but even if they have been sold out by the time you order, do not worry, there are other good options.
There is something called "meat plate" which has one stewed chicken wing, salad, stir-fried pork mince with coriander with some Thai rice. This is very tasteful and filling. This cafe also offers you a delicious salad (you can chose the size from small and large) with a poached egg, croutons and of course with various and fresh green leaves and tomatoes.
Their pasta is also a tempting option too. Depending on the day, they have different kinds of pastas but what I always remember is puttanesca. It is very well balanced with sourness and richness of the tomato sauce. Their portion is not very big, but the taste you will get in your mouth is definitely fulfilling.

Drinks:
Their are coffees are pretty decent and they offer several kinds of tea and herb tea as well.
Wine: I never ordered a bottle of wine (maybe because I always go there with a hangover.) But from what I saw on their wine list wasn't too bad. I remember they have good range of Italian wine than French, reasonably priced.

Ordering one lunch plate, a cup of coffee and a small bottle of Perrier, it was around 2000 yen.

I don't know if you think it is expensive or not, but I feel like going back there right now while writing this post ;)



x

No comments:

Post a Comment