Apr 26, 2011

Minestrone -one of my favourite things to make-

Ingredients;

Cabbage, Eringi Mushroom, Paprika, Potatoes, Potatoes, Onion, Egg Plants, Carrots, Celery, Panchetta, Garlic, Chili, Canned Tomatoes, Consomme Cubes, White Wine, Water, Olive Oil, Laurel leaves.

(Chili here is not to make the soup spicy, it is just to give a little accent.)


You can basically use any kinds of vegetable except onions and celery. Having said that, I wouldn't use Shitake or Shimeji mushroom as I feel the flavour is too strong.

1) Stir fry all the diced vegetables in order (onions- bacon- celery- carrots and potatoes...) with garlic and chili olive oil and add white wine.
2) Boil 1) for a little to get the alcohol out then add enough to have the ingredients soaked.
3) Add some salt and let it boil again then take out the scum.
3) Add crushed canned tomatoes with consomme cubes and Laurel leaves.
4) leave it for about 15-20 mins and salt and pepper to taste.

I usually cook Minestrone the night before eating to allow the ingredients blend right in with the soup.


Add Parmesan cheese before eating and ready!

Cooking time: approx. 1hour
(depending on how much vegetables you use)

As I usually use many kinds of vegetables and takes a while to finish choppinp.
While I chopping, I think of flavour that each ingredient could give to the soup so it is a little tiring but also my favourite part ;)

x




No comments:

Post a Comment